Wayne County Workers' Compensation Claim Lawyer

Michigan's workers compensation system is supposed to work smoothly, providing injured workers the support they need while prohibiting lawsuits from distracting employers. Unfortunately, you may encounter resistance from the company responsible for making payments to you. The process in your case may require the involvement of an attorney advocating for you.

Workers compensation is handled by the Workers' Compensation Agency, part of Michigan's Department of Energy, Labor, and Economic Growth. It is intended to provide help for workers either injured or suffering a work-related illness. Contact our Michigan law firm if you need guidance through the workers' compensation claim process.

Experienced Help Through the Steps Involved in a Workers' Compensation Claim

The first step when hurt in Wayne County is to notify your supervisor of your injury. You may then be requested to see a doctor of your employer's choosing. It can take months for you to receive your first payment. Or, you may encounter claims that state:

  • Your injury is not related to work
  • You are not disabled, and can work
  • A missed a deadline or other technicality is delaying or preventing payment

If you encounter delay or denial tactics by your employer or the insurance company contact a lawyer immediately for a confidential and complimentary consultation about your work comp claim.

You should receive 80 percent of your after-tax wages. A permanent injury may range from partial to total. A serious injury may entitle you to on-going benefits. No matter what issue you face, we will be by your side every step of the way.

Contact a Wayne County Workers' Compensation Claim Attorney

The law firm of Adler Stilman focuses on obtaining just and fair compensation for each and every one of our clients. We value your trust and work hard to achieve it.

Contact a Detroit work injury claim attorney at Adler Stilman, PLLC, online or call (248) 855-5090 (toll free ).