Adler Firm, PLLC
Free Consultation - Call 24/7

How do I file for federal workers’ compensation?

In the event that you are injured while working for the federal government in Michigan, you may be able to file for workers’ compensation. If you have never had to do this before, you likely have questions about the process. The United States Department of Labor lays out guidelines that cover many aspects of workers’ compensation.

One important thing you should know about filing a claim is that you usually need to file within a certain amount of time. If your employer knew about your injury, you may sometimes receive compensation beyond this amount of time. Usually, however, a claim must be filed three years from the day you left your position or realized you were injured in a work-related accident.

To file a workers’ compensation claim, there is typically a form which you must fill out. Which form you fill out depends on your reason for filing. If you need workers’ compensation because your work has caused you to have a medical condition, you also need to complete a form which details your condition. A separate form exists for injuries you received while working.

There are also forms that usually need to be filed if your injury caused you to be out of work without pay. Information about the injury and the pertinent medical documents typically are required, and you also may have to account for the timeline if you did not miss consecutive days of work. It is recommended that you keep of all the documents you send in with your claim, as you may sometimes need to send in additional information.

This information is general in nature and should not be used in place of legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Request A Free Consultation

Representing Michigan injured workers since 1979.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Traverse City Office
13561 S West Bay Shore Drive
Suite 301
Traverse City, MI 49684

Toll Free: 888-873-7173
Fax: 231-943-2299
Map & Directions

Farmington Hills Office
30300 Northwestern Highway
Suite 304
Farmington Hills, MI 48334

Map & Directions

Adler Firm, PLLC