Michigan Car Accident Lawyer
Devoted to Our Injured Clients’ Needs
After an auto accident in Michigan, you may be wondering if it’s worthwhile to hire a personal injury lawyer. How much does an attorney cost? Would you be better off handling the claim yourself? At Adler Firm, PLLC, we have represented countless injury victims in the Detroit metropolitan area, Traverse City, and across the state for more than 30 years. Over the decades, we have come to firmly believe that hiring a lawyer after a serious accident is not merely a good — it is vital in order to receive fair compensation from an insurance company.
If you had a medical condition that required surgery, ask the question, “Would you perform surgery on yourself?” Of course not. You would engage the help of a medical professional. In the same way, you need a legal professional to handle the complex issues involved in a personal injury case. Our Michigan car accident attorney is here to help.
Take advantage of more than three decades of legal success by calling our team at (888) 966-9524, or by filling out our online form. We provide free initial consultations to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Auto accidents are an unfortunate fact of life. Although traffic engineers, highway design professionals, auto manufacturers, and government transportation agencies work hard to promote safety, crashes still occur.
The causes of car accidents are plentiful, and each case has unique aspects. Nonetheless, we can generalize and say that many car accidents fall into one of these categories:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Crashes caused by distracted drivers
- Crashes caused by weather conditions — whether that means blinding sunlight in the eyes or slick, rainy highway surfaces
- Crashes caused by traffic congestion
- Crashes caused by inexperienced drivers who follow too closely or cut in front of other drivers without signaling properly
- Crashes caused by road defects, such as potholes or greenery that obscures stop signs
- Car-bicycle accidents
- Car-pedestrian accidents
- Crashes injuring passengers
Get the Compensation You Need After A Rollover Accident
If you have been in a serious rollover accident that has caused you serious personal injuries or the wrongful death of someone you love, do not wait. Call an experienced, reputable attorney team to help you obtain the compensation you need.
Founded in 1986, Adler Firm, PLLC, has been helping injured auto accident victims in Detroit and across Michigan obtain full and fair compensation for more than 30 years. If someone else’s negligence has caused you to suffer, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries, and we can help.
Since our lawyer has been living and working in Michigan for so long, we are familiar with every important aspect that goes into winning rollover accident litigation:
- The local area: We handle auto accident cases for clients from Wayne County, Macomb County, and Oakland County.
- Local laws: With more than 30 years of experience handling auto accident cases in the Detroit area, there are no surprises for us when we walk into the courtroom. We know how to get our clients the full financial award available to them.
- Local customs and individuals: When a lawyer comes in from out of town to represent an injured plaintiff, he or she doesn’t know the local customs or the individuals involved in operating our local system on a day-to-day basis. Our team has been working here for a long time. We know how things work here, and we know the judges, attorneys, and other important players involved. They know our reputation for honesty and quality legal representation, so they take us seriously.
We have the experience to help you obtain full and fair compensation for the injuries or losses you have suffered.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
If you were injured by the carelessness of another driver, you likely have many questions and concerns. Among other things, you may wonder exactly how much your auto accident case is worth. If you pursue a personal injury lawsuit, are you likely to receive $1,000, $10,000 or $1 million?
No two people are alike, and no two car accidents are alike. Because every case is unique, you can’t base the value of your case on what anyone else received in the past.
The value of your particular case will be based on a wide variety of factors, including:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The length and type of medical care you require
- Your physical pain and suffering
- Your emotional damages
- Lost wages from time off work
- Your age
- Any pre-existing conditions
- The other party’s liability
- Any contributory negligence
Sometimes the Other Party Can’t Pay Enough
The other party’s ability to pay is another important factor that affects how much money you can receive in a personal injury case. Sometimes the at-fault person simply doesn’t have enough insurance coverage to pay for all the damages related to the accident.
For instance, you may be entitled to claim $1 million for all your financial losses and pain and suffering. However, if the at-fault party only has $20,000 in insurance coverage (the minimum coverage amount required by law in Michigan), he or she may only pay a fraction of what you deserve. In these cases, uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage that you can purchase from your insurance company would make up the difference between what you are entitled to and what the other party has in insurance coverage to cover their liability to you.
Contingency Fees Mean You Pay Absolutely Nothing Upfront
We charge contingent fees in all of our automobile accident cases. This means that you pay no attorney fees at all unless we recover compensation for you. We also advance all costs related to your case (court filing fees, deposition fees, expert witness fees, etc.) and are reimbursed when your case is concluded.
Michigan law allows personal injury attorneys to charge up to one-third of the net amount recovered. In some cases, however, we offer discounts.
Many studies have shown that people who hire lawyers typically recover far more money than people who try to settle their insurance claims on their own. Remember, the insurance company’s dream is to have you handle the matter yourself. It has scores of lawyers at its disposal to defeat and frustrate you in presenting your claim and vast experience settling cases for the least amount possible. Having an attorney on your side can make all the difference in obtaining the most money possible for your claim.
Call our Michigan car accident lawyer to get started on your case today in a free consultation at (888) 966-9524.