What to Do After an Accident
There are a number of steps you need to take after your accident to not interfere with your chances of securing the maximum amount of compensation you need. Whether you were hit in a car accident or bitten in a dog attack, it’s first essential that you seek medical attention. Seemingly minor injuries can quickly become serious and risk your life if you go too long without treatment.
You also should document your accident as much as possible while you’re at the scene of the accident, or quickly hire an attorney who can visit the scene and conduct a thorough investigation. Our team has extensive resources that we use to fully assess accident scenes and collect evidence.
Important evidence to have on hand for your case includes:
- Photos of injuries and any property damage, such as vehicle damage after a collision
- Contact information of others involved in the accident
- Contact information or statements from witnesses
- Crash reports from the officer who responded to the scene of the car accident
- Medical bills and records