Cardiac Problems

How to Get SSDI Payments for a Heart Condition?

To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, you need be “disabled” according to the definition of disability established by the Social Security Administration (SSA). This means you need to have an illness or injury that prevents you from working and is expected to last (or has lasted) more than one year or will result in death.

Qualifying for SSDI Based on a Heart Problem

Cardiovascular impairments — heart problems — are one form that this disability can take. According to the SSA, a cardiovascular disorder is any disorder that affects the functioning of the heart or circulatory system or a disorder of the veins or arteries, which results from a consequence of heart disease:

  • Chronic heart failure or ventricular dysfunction
  • Pain resulting from myocardial ischemia
  • Syncope, or near syncope, due to inadequate cerebral perfusion from any cardiac cause
  • Central cyanosis due to right-to-left shunt, reduced oxygen concentration in the arterial blood, or pulmonary vascular disease

As you can see, the SSA has detailed and very specific requirements for people who apply for disability benefits on account of heart problems. If you want your SSDI application to be successful, it is important to work with attorneys who have experience in this area of law, who know the medical terminology and can help you through every step of the often long and arduous process of obtaining benefits.

At the Adler Firm, PLLC, our attorneys know how to get SSDI payments for a heart condition. We understand the medical terminology that needs to go into your application. We also understand the process of filings, hearings and appeals that go into the process. We can help you obtain the benefits you need.

Contact the Adler Firm, PLLC

We have more than 30 years of experience handling Michigan cardiac disability benefits claim for clients in the greater Detroit/tricounty area and throughout Michigan. To speak with a SSDI lawyer from the firm, call or contact us online. With offices in Detroit and Traverse City, we represent people throughout the state.

Free Consultation • No Fee Unless You Win • Handicapped Accessible