Michigan Knee & Shoulder Injuries
Compensation for Workplace Knee & Shoulder Injuries
For anyone who earns their living through physical labor, a shoulder or knee injury can be life-changing as well as a source of constant, severe pain. Many people who suffer these injuries do their best to carry on and keep working, uncertain of their futures and the benefits they are entitled to under Michigan workers’ compensation laws. Trying to “work through” a knee or shoulder injury is admirable, but often not very practical.
Workers’ compensation insurance is in place to cover the costs of medical care, lost wages, and vocational rehabilitation. Claiming these benefits is part of your right to just treatment for working hard. To ensure those rights—and your personal and familial well-being—are protected to the greatest possible extent, please contact our knee and shoulder injury lawyer at the Adler Firm, PLLC, in Michigan.
Common Causes of Knee & Shoulder Injuries
Since 1980, proven and respected lawyer Barry Adler has practiced law with the skill and determination to help you recover maximum benefits after a work injury. He and the rest of the Adler Firm, PLLC team understand the legal and medical undertakings involved with serious on the job injuries.
We have helped many people suffering from various musculoskeletal injuries including:
- Workplace knee injuries and shoulder injuries caused by lifting, twisting, repetitive use, or other activity, which often require surgery or long-term rest and rehabilitation
- Other limb injuries, including damage to the elbow, wrist, hand, ankle, or foot—all of which can be serious enough to require weeks, months, or years of medical care and time off work
How Can I Tell if My Knee Injury Is Serious?
Serious knee injuries can often lead to other complications and can even be life-threatening if ignored. If you have suffered a knee injury at work, you should keep an eye out for the following symptoms of a serious knee injury:
- You felt or heard a pop at the time of the accident
- You experience swelling or are unable to put weight on your leg
- You have limited range of movement, or greater than usual range of movement
- You are unable to straighten your knee
- You notice a deformity in your knee
No Attorney Fees Unless We Take on Your Case & Obtain Benefits for You
Whether you were injured on your job as an auto worker, factory worker, construction worker, or office employee, you can call on our respected legal team for straight talk and aggressive defense of your rights. Unlike other workers’ compensation law firms that will step in only if your claim has been denied or is in dispute, we encourage you to call us for a free consultation and case evaluation as soon as you know you need to miss work for an extended period of time.