Workers’ Compensation FAQ

Frequently-Asked Questions About Workers’ Compensation

At Adler Firm, PLLC, we have been helping workers exercise their rights and pursue the workers’ compensation benefits they need since the 1980s. In that time, we have spoken with thousands of injured workers – and answered countless questions about this area of law.

Answers To Common Workers’ Comp Questions

Q: Can I sue my employer after a workplace injury?
A: Michigan law only allows injured workers to bring lawsuits in certain situations. Learn more about bringing a civil suit after a work accident.

Q: Can I choose my own doctor?
A: You may choose your own doctor, but there are specific rules about timing and doctor selection that workers should know. Learn more about getting the medical treatment you need.

Q: Do I really need to work with a workers’ compensation lawyer?
A: The law does not require that you work with an attorney, but there are many reasons to work with a lawyer to maximize your compensation with no up-front costs. Learn more about working with an attorney.

Q: What is a lump sum workers’ compensation settlement?
A: A lump sum settlement effectively ends your workers’ compensation claim and awards you the full value at one time, rather than through weekly benefit checks. Learn more about settling for a lump sum.

Get Clear Answers From A Knowledgeable Workers’ Compensation Attorney

The answers on this website provide general information about workers’ compensation, but they are no substitute for legal advice based on your unique situation. We encourage you to join us for a free, confidential consultation so we can provide custom-tailored answers to all of your workers’ comp questions – and begin helping you protect your rights.

To speak with a lawyer and get answers, please send us an email or contact our office in Traverse City, Michigan, at 888-873-7173.